Friday 20 April 2012

5. How did you attract/address your audience.

Throught my front page/ contents page and double page spread I used many features and techniques in order to attract my audience of young, enthusiastic indie fans. I realised that I must focus on my intended audience throughout in order for my product to be commercially successful and also to fit audience expectations. As Stephen Neale stated "Genre is a set of expectations." Therefore as my magazine focuses on indie music I used other existing indie magazines in order to highlight these expectations.




I used many quotes throughout my product like the one above in order to portray an ego from artists which is likely to attract young enthusasistic indie fans who perhaps have aspirations of becoming a rock and roll star themselves. By using bold quotes like this I am attracting my audience to reading my article aswell as buliding relationships as from these quotes my audience will quickly grasp the genre of my magazine making them want to read it weekly.




When creating my product I also realised that my intended audience will be very keen on music festivals. I therefore decided in order to attract this paticular audience I must use a feature from a festival as this is something young, indie fans are very interested in. I did some research on festivals and found the most popular ones for indie/rock music are T in the park and leeds festival which is why I used T in the Park as my review special on my front page.




I also attracted my audience by the use of language and context within my product. I used language such as "Thugs mugs and kids on drugs" as I found young indie lovers are very keen on reading about some sort of controversy or typical rpck and roll incidents. I therefore used this type of language to draw my audience in to reading my magazine.





div style="width:425px" id="__ss_12614647">How I attracted my audience
View more presentations from jackjones93.

No comments:

Post a Comment