Tuesday 24 April 2012

3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

What kind of media institution might distribute my
View more presentations from jackjones93.
After researching similar magazines to mine I found the most suitable institution to distribute my pdocut would be IPC. I found this insitution distibute NME magazine and Uncut which both have a similar target audience to my magazine and also issue editions every week. I also realised NME are possibly the most popular music magazine in the UK therefore IPC would be a good instituion to use to build brand identity for my magazine.


I also found lots of signifcant detail about IPC such as ; IPC Plus works with partners to create new revenue streams through innovative use of IPC's brands and content. The business includes international portfolio of magazines, syndication and brand licensing, the creation of consumer products from IPC's magazines brands. Partners benefit from working with the best brands,  editorial expertise and great content.


I also found that music magazines generally use a price of £2-£3, (NME sells thier magazine for £2.30) in order to make money. However magazines can also make money online by techniques such as putting adverts on sites which I would also consider for my products website. Magzines can slo promote their magzine website by using free competitions and giving away prizes.






No comments:

Post a Comment