Monday 30 April 2012

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing product?

From constructing my product I have learnt lots about technologies such as editing tools from photoshop.

Firstly I learnt how to use the stoke tool in photoshop. I found this tool to be effective as this allowed by to make my logo more appealing by adding an extra white font around the red text to make my logo more attractive. I learnt to use the tool use must highlight the text and double click on the layer to use the stroke tool. I then chose how much stoke I wanted on the logo.


I learnt most about technologies when constructing my product in my post-production from ADobe Photoshop and Microsoft publisher.









Furthermore I also learnt how to use the shape tool in photoshop which I made use of for the foot of my front page. I used the elliptical tool in order to use a conventional circle shape to advertise products to be won. I also found how to use rectangular shapes as well as line which I learnt how to change the thickness of aswell as adding fills to shapes.





I also learnt how to use vital editing tools in photoshop such as the lassoo tool. This allowed me to to erase the background of the image of my model in order to change the background colour and style which now fits with the the house style of my product. I found the lassoo tools a great amout of accuracy in terms of the parts of the image you want to erase. The images below shows my main image before I used this tool then after as my final product. I found this technology very effective in allowing me to use a convenient setting for my image but still produce a professional front page.




 


 I also learnt technologies from Publisher such as shapes including block arrows. This allowed be to create a shape and then save it as an image to import it into photoshop. I then added a fill into the shape on my front page. This will also be a key technology for future progects as shapes are an important convention in magazines aswell as newspapers and other media products.




Although I learnt most about technologies in the post-production in the actual constructing process I have also learnt about technologies in research and planning from;
  • Slideshare/ Microsoft powerpoint
  • Kizoa- slideshows
  • Bubbl- Mind maps
The image below highlights specific techniques I learnt when creating slideshows in kizoa. I learnt techniques such as dragging images into frames as aswell adding transitions and adding texts to slidwshows. This website was very effective in my planning my product.




I also learnt very similar technologies in slideshare with the only difference of creating a powerpoint first before uploading it to slideshare. The image below shows how I uploaded my powerpoint presentation during research and planning to slideshare which created an effective slideshow for me just by uploading it.


I also learnt key technologies from slideshare such as how to share my slideshare on blogger and even social network sites such as twitter and facebook. I found this very effective when it come to my feedback stages. I learnt to share slideshows you must use the embed code.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment