Thursday 19 April 2012

4.Who would be the audience for your media product?

My media product has one main specific target audience which is young enthusiastic indie fans, however it could be said parts of my product also attract a different type of audience such as female rock fans which goes against lots of feminist views. Overall my mdeia product will mainly be aimed at an audience which are very keen on new, upcoming indie bands aswell as bands that have already "made it." I will go on to explore this in much more detail.










Kizoa slideshow: Audience - Slideshow

My media product will also have an audience of young muscians as I used a competition in my double page spread advertising a competition to win a guitar. I also realise that young enthusiastic musicains are much more likely to enter the competition to win a guitar signed by a new up-coming rock and roll artist as an older audience would be more interested in a much more fmous artist's guitar.





My media product will also be aimed for female rock fans. I made sure the mise en scene of my model throughout my product conformed to female rock fans expectations in terms of how artists look. I did this by the use of leather jacket and guitar aswell as the facial expressions exposed. I also used quotes such as "Discipline I don't know the meaning of the word" to portray a rock attitude for my female audience. This supoorts a post-modern view going against feminist views which believe men are portrayed more powerful in the media and woman are portrayed powerless.





div class="prezi-player">
The audience of my product are also likely to shop at places like Topman as people who listen to Indie music tend to buy their clothes from brands like this. I therefore used a competition to win vouchers for topman to further attract my audience. My audience are also likely to be interested in a drinking culture and high profile brands.

I found NME's reader profile is very specific in terms of targeting there audience. NME even go to the extent to state there audience are influentials when it comes to mobile phones. I also found the stats interesting as NME appears ot have a higher female reading audience than male. I also realised magazines like NME will make money from advertising other brands such as Topman that will reach the specific audience the magazine focuses on. I also found the Median age for the NME audience is 23 which is signifcant in terms of targeting this specific age group wiht images, adverts and language in order to sell the magazine.




No comments:

Post a Comment