Monday 26 March 2012

Front cover images

After deciding on the layout of my front cover I then decided on my model and began to capture images for my front cover. I decided to have one main image of my main artist who features in the magazine and also a seperate image of a band that will also feature in the magazine. I decided on a female model/singer as I realised the most effective way to attract readers to buying my magazine is to use an attractive model with attitude.

Below shows some of the images that I captured using a Nikon digital camera. I found the digital camera useful as I could view images instantly before deciding on the best image that I will go on to use for my product. The images below are before I began to edit them in photoshop.





The image below also shows a second image that I have decided to use on my front cover. I took several images similar to this but after careful consideration I found this one has the best quality. I used a familiar scene in liverpool for the background as I found the realtes to the genre of my magazine effectively. I also decided to use this three-piece band as I found they also fit the genre and house style of my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment