Monday 19 March 2012

Logo Research

Before creating my own logo for my magazine I decided to research existing music magazine logos. This gave me a great idea of typical conventions of logos. This was helpful in order for me to produce a logo thats fits readers expectations as I realised if I deviated away from conventions too much music magazine readers may get the impression of un-professionalism effecting my magazines ability to sell.




After gathering images of NME's logo I found the logo is very simple but is effective in terms of it's bold powerful font, which is striking. This is used in order to create a brand indentity for the magazine which I must also take into consideration for my own magazine production. I liked the use of the red font with the black and white stroke around the letters, which I already have learnt how to create using the stroke tool in photoshop. I will also consider using a slogan in the logo.




I find Q magazine also use a very simple logo but yet are also effective in creating a brind identity by how stiking the white letter and red background are together. I have also planned to use red and white for my production therefore I will also consider using this colour sheme for my logo to create a brand identity.

Evidently logo's colour scheme and style are kept very simple, this has helped me plan my own logo which I will now go on to create. However I found in some magazine's logo's are more extravagent than NME and Q. Consequently I realised logo's generally fit the genre of music the magazine focuses on.

The image of Kerrang's logo below clearly portrays this as the font is more fancy which perhaps suites the more heavy style of music the magazine concentrates on in comparrison to NME and Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment