Monday 26 March 2012

Front cover features

The images below show how I began to create features for my front cover in photoshop. After research I found conventions of front covers such as competiton features and festival features. I also found a convention of the use of shapes on front covers so I also used the elliptical shape tool in photoshop to create this feature.

I have also decided on a white background for my front cover with black red and white text. I have also decided to used the font Miandra pro for my main feature of my model which says "Discipline? I don't knw the meaning of the word." However I found a more simple effective font for the rest of my magazine which is Myraid pro.


I also decided to use page numbers next to my features as this will lead readers on to reading inside my magazine.










The image below shows the main feature of my front cover which includes my artist name. I decided to use a quote as this portrays an ego of the singer which links well with the facial expression. I also used the caption The new Queen of Rock and Roll to create a "hype" for the singer leading readers on to the main article inside.






I will also add the barcode below to the bottom corner of my front cover in order to produce a professional product that will sell.



No comments:

Post a Comment