Monday 5 March 2012

Contents page research

During my research and planning I examined existing contents pages in order to find layout fearures typical of a music magazine. The image below I paticularly like due the use of several attractive images and also the use of quotes from artists. I find this layout very effective in leading readers on to further articles within the magazine. I also like the clear structure of the contents page as it is very readable for music fans. I also like the bold page numbers used on top of images which I will consider using for my own product.



I also highlighted the contents page below in my research due its clear and attractive layout. I like the use of a large image on the right half of the page as this works well with the list of features on the left half of the page. I will consider using this paticular convention in my product. I also like the "Oasis special" section as this will be very effective in leading readers on to further on in the magazine. However from a critical point of view the page could be seen as slightly boring by the lack of images and the style of text. In contrast with the image above I concluded the one above is more effective and will work better. However I realised from the image below it is vital that I use my own magazine logo and also the date on my contents page.








No comments:

Post a Comment