Thursday 8 March 2012

Contents page research- features

During my research of existing contents pages I realised that my own product must have a clear layout scheme. I found in my audience research that magazines are not read throughly and readers like to skip to sections they are most interested in. Therefore I will display page numbers on my contents page and use images that will attract readers to sections of my magazine they will most likely be interested in.



I also highlighted the contents page below in my research and planning due to the effectiveness of its's features and conventions. I found that the layout of the "Features" section on the left is very effective as bold heading are used such as "Muse" and "The Beatles" which will attract readers to the page numbers displayed. This patiuclar contents page also uses 4 images which is effective in making the page attractive but also doesnt't make the page too compact. I also found the font scheme is effective in terms of the colours red black and white which is the same as what I'm planning for my own production.





I also found the features of the contents page below to be effective which also uses typical conventions for music magazines. Although the layout is unusal and perhaps unique it still forms a very effective display as readers can clearly navigate there way through different sections of the page which lead them on to seperate articles within the magazine. The usage of several images is very effective as they work well with the captions below which use a colloquial tone. The page numbers are also a vital feature.

Furthermore the "Plus" section is also effective which I will also consider using for my own product as this also gives readers the opportunity to easily navigate themselves through the magazine. I will also consider using a similar "subscription section" as my magazine is also a weekly issue. I found that for subscription section bright colours are used to attract readers aswell as the usage of images.



No comments:

Post a Comment