Thursday 1 March 2012

Magazine house style

When planning my magazine production I realised that my front page, contents and double page spread must follow a paticular house style. This includes a consistent font and colour schemes and also the language and style of the layout used. The fonts I will use will be a simple, clear font such as Arial however I may also add an extra, effective font such as All around the world which I have found on a font website.

I found from my research that magazines that are aimed at Indie music fans use layout which aren't to compact and aren't to effusive. Therefore I have decided to use a consistant colour scheme of red black and white fonts and will also use simple font styles. I will also make sure that I don't use too much text and all of my pages.

I will also try and portray a less serious tone to my magazine to suite my audience by using language such (or so they think) and (cocky lads.) This will also fit the genre of my music my magazine concentrates on as rock and roll star's tend to have this type of attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment