Friday 9 March 2012

My front page planning- features

After lots of research I then began to plan my music magazine front page. First of all I decided on specific features that I will include on my front page. Using the style model below I decided that using a masthead at the top of the page will be effective in attracting my audience but I also have planned to use a feature similar at the bottom of the page like the image below which will display band's that are included in my magazine.

I found from the magazine below that for these specific features the colour scheme is significant and must work well with the rest of the page. I therefore decided to use black white and red for the text and background of the masthead.


I also found that many music magazines like the one above make use of shapes usually which I will also make use of using the ellipse tool in adobe photoshop. This will make my front page more attractive and will help to draw readers in to specific features within my magazine.

I have also decided to use a similar feature to the magazine above which in a typical convention of music mag's. This is the quote used on the left of the artist which portrays her attitude and ego. The creates an impression of the genre of my music magazine and the general attitude towards music. This will also draw readers into my double page spread article which will include an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment