Wednesday 5 January 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the final product? (Jack Jones)

From my preliminary task i have learnt alot in progression to the final product. First of all i have learnt the importance of the use of a models that have an image that fits into the magazine, such as the way they are dressed and there facial expressions. I have also learned many angles to take an image for the front cover such as a low angle to make the model look more powerful. I have also learnt the importance of attracting your audience such as not using too much text and use pleanty of images. I have also learnt many technologies such as how to edit images. For example when I first took my images for my front cover and double page spread, I needed to change the backgrounds to a colour that was appropriate to make my product more professional. I learnt how to edit using tools such as the Lasso tool. I also learnt how to edit red eye, using the red eye tool which I didn't realise you could use in my preliminary task.
Furthermore one main aspect that I learn is that a consistant theme of colours should be used. For example in my preliminary I used around five contrasting colours whereas in my final product I used three colours that fitted together nicely. I have also learnt techniques in Photoshop software such as how to use the tool "stroke" to outline my main title in a different colour to make it more striking and more professional. In progression from my preliminary task I have gained more knowledge about how to use a professional layout paticulary on my front cover as in my preliminary task I used sub articles all over the page instead of following a paticular layout structure. I also learnt to keep changes in font sizes to a minimum. One more factor I have learnt is the use of a drop cap at the begining of my article which is where the first letter is alot bigger than the rest of the text and is also a different colour. Another factor I have learnt is how to put text on top of a picture such as the page number on top of images on my contents page. I did this page changing the layers around in photoshop. Finally I learnt the use of adding competetions to my product and also contact details and not just including the main context of the magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment